(20) The word getting ‘brother’, aha during the BT, features at exactly the same time started augmented, although this means is also utilized in Turoyo. Hertevin has actually each other ?aha and you may ?ahona (Jastrow 1988, 180), but Mandaic has only aha (Macuch 1965, 495).
On top of that, additional NENA, i’ve almost every other terms: Mandaic keraya (Macuch 1965, 509), Turoyo raglo (Jastrow 1985, 219)
(21) One alternatively strange item that is attested in most NENA languages except Sanandaj Religious (and this probably just a go pit throughout the evidence) is aqla ‘foot’. Krotkoff (1985, 130-31) argues this particular word comes regarding the options ql ‘to end up being crooked’. All the dialects make use of the function aqla, but Koy Sanjaq aqla and you can Tisqopa (?)aqIlta.
(22) Other word chatted about because of the Krotkoff (1985, 131-32, 134) try baxta ‘woman’, with supplanted the Syriac atta in most NENA, although not during the Turoyo otherwise Mandaic. This keyword generally seems to result of Kurdish baxt ‘honor’. It is interesting to note one to an irregular plural endures inside numerous languages: Tisqopa (?)InsI, Azerbaijan Jewish nise, and you can Halabja inse.
(23) An urgent development talked about by Noldeke (1868, 59) was rxata, comparable to Syriac rhat. The alteration regarding h so you can x within this one-word was found in the NENA languages in which the verb try attested. Examples: Sanandaj Religious raxet (Panoussi 1990), Urmi roentgen-x-D (Hetzron 1969, 123), Jilu rxata, Hertevin rahet (Jastrow 1988, 222).
(24) Several other unforeseen advancement ‘s the NENA verb ‘fear’, that takes brand new versions zda?an excellent, zdaya, and you can zdala on certain dialects. Read more “Examples: Jilu axona, Azerbaijan Jewish axxona/axona (Garbell 1965, 297), Tisqopa axona (Rubba, personal interaction)”